BLM-New Mexico Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Unit (CESU) Salado Canyon Project
The summary for the BLM-New Mexico Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Unit (CESU) Salado Canyon Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-New Mexico Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Unit (CESU) Salado Canyon Project: In the 1970s the BLM began funding projects around the Rio Puerco within Sandoval County, New Mexico in an attempt to better understand the patterns of development, life ways, land use, distribution, migration, population dynamics and cultural history of the Native American communities found within. The ultimate goal of the projects was a landscape sized synthesis of data that would aid in land use decision making. One of the projects that were used as a test model for the Rio Puerco Project (RPP) was the Salado Canyon Project (SCP). The SCP conducted intensive survey in preparation for the RPP that included the documentation of seventy-seven newly recorded sites, all of the sites were from the PII-PIII Pueblo phase. During the recording of the sites extensive collections were gathered and cataloged and are now housed at Eastern New Mexico University (ENMU). The original field notes and survey notes are also housed at ENMU.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-New Mexico Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Unit (CESU) Salado Canyon Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L16AS00033|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cultural and Paleontological Resources Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 4, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 4, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Jun 2, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jun 2, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Sep 2, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$13,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This will be advertised under the Cooperative Ecosystems Study Unit
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Charise Saiz (505) 761-8725
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands