BLM New Mexico Statewide Youth Corps Resource Crew and Interns
The summary for the BLM New Mexico Statewide Youth Corps Resource Crew and Interns grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM New Mexico Statewide Youth Corps Resource Crew and Interns: The purpose of this cooperative agreement is to conduct joint conservation, restoration, monitoring, research, education, and youth work experience activities throughout the New Mexico Public Lands. Specific projects will be implemented through individual task agreements under this cooperative agreement. This program will help manage and protect BLM lands by providing trail maintainance, restoration work, educational opportunities, trail ethics information,expertise for travel management and recreation planning. In addition, the program will help with the recruitment and training of youth, volunteers and BLM staff, and coordinating resource protection projects. From this the youth corps will gain an increased appreciation and understanding of our public lands and of the value of public service, and are likely to become life-long advocates for those values. This opportunity will be focused on providing youth with opportunities to obtain work skills and experience by completing work projects on recreation sites and trails, and working with professionals in resource monitoring, habitat protection, and land management activities. The BLM New Mexico has many opportunities to facilitate youth education about land management through efforts both in the office and in the field.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM New Mexico Statewide Youth Corps Resource Crew and Interns|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L16AS00183|
|Type of Funding:||Information not provided|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Recreation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 12, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 12, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Jul 12, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jul 14, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Oct 11, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$15,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Information not provided
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This legislation authorizes the Department of the Interior to enter into contracts and cooperative agreements with any qualified youth or conservation corps to carry out appropriate conservation projects on public lands, Indian lands, and Hawaiian homelands. This use is allowed under any program established by a State or local government, by the governing body of any Indian tribe, or by a nonprofit organization that (a) is capable of offering meaningful, full-time, productive work for individuals between the ages of 16 and 25, inclusive, in a natural or cultural resource setting; (b) give participants a mix of work experience, basic and life skills, education, citizenship values and skills through service to their community and the United States.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Charise Saiz (505) 761-8725
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands