BLM OR/WA - Local Native Seed Development and Seed Increase, Lake County, Oregon
The summary for the BLM OR/WA - Local Native Seed Development and Seed Increase, Lake County, Oregon grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM OR/WA - Local Native Seed Development and Seed Increase, Lake County, Oregon: The 2015-2020 National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration was released in 2015, which encourages the BLM to begin working with the private sector in order to build a "seed industry" for rehabilitation and restoration. The vision of the National Seed Strategy is "The right seed in the right place at the right time." And the Mission is "To ensure the availability of genetically appropriate seed to restore viable and productive plant communities and sustainable ecosystems." Currently all of the native seed for the Lakeview District is grown either in Western Oregon or in other states. BLM is interested in encouraging and supporting local applicants to grow native seed stock that could be used within the same ecoregion. By producing the seed in local areas with the same climate should allow the seed to be more adapted to grow in the rangelands.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM OR/WA - Local Native Seed Development and Seed Increase, Lake County, Oregon|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L16AS00149|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 25, 2016 The closing date has been corrected|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 25, 2019|
|Posted Date:||May 26, 2016|
|Creation Date:||May 26, 2016|
|Archive Date:||May 25, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jessica Clark (503) 808-6226
L16AS00149 Local Native Seed
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...