BLM-USO Utah Paleontological Resource Data Management
The summary for the BLM-USO Utah Paleontological Resource Data Management grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-USO Utah Paleontological Resource Data Management: Background: The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Utah State Office and Utah Geological Survey have been working together since 2002 for the management of paleontological resources data in the state of Utah. In March 2009 the passage of the Paleontological Resources Preservation Act further reinforced the objectives of joint forces to manage the paleontological resource data by emphasizing interagency coordination and collaborative efforts where possible with non-federal partners, the scientific community, and the general public. Over the years this joint effort developed a GIS-based Paleontological Sensitivity maps synthesized from the locality database and geologic map data Objectives: BLM currently has funding to support an organization that is currently maintaining a fossil locality database within the state of Utah and who will work collaborative with existing partners to continue using and developing this database to establish a uniformity of fossil locality data, and to enhance the protection and management of paleontological resources within the state of Utah. This partnership will benefit both the recipient s and BLMs mission for protecting and managing paleontological resources in the state of Utah.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-USO Utah Paleontological Resource Data Management|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L15AS00162|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cultural Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 6, 2015|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 6, 2015|
|Posted Date:||Jun 11, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Jun 11, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Aug 30, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Maria Gochis, Grants Management Officer, 801-539-4178
Melanie Beckstead, Grants Management Officer, (801) 539-4169
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nevada Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM Utah Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-ES, Cultural and Paleontological Resource Managment Program
- • Wyoming Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-CO Preserving Cultural and Paleontological Resources on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Anasazi Heritage Center Book Store
- • Partnership for Traditional Cultural Property Evaluation
- • Powder Magazine Reuse in South Dakota
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands