BLM UT - Developing a Sustainable Tourism Market for Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
The summary for the BLM UT - Developing a Sustainable Tourism Market for Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM UT - Developing a Sustainable Tourism Market for Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument: Kane and Garfield Counties and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument will provide support for a marketing study designed to identify markets, messages, and methods to market recreational opportunities on Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument to the travelling public which drives to southern Utah on Scenic Byway 12 and US Highway 89. The study will be conducted by a visitor services and tourism marketing expert who will be hosted by Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument at the Escalante Interagency Visitor Center. Kane and Garfield Counties, through their designated representatives, will assist Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument in recruiting a qualified professional to carry out the project. The expert will be reimbursed for expenses incurred while conducting the study, including data collection, market research, travel, report preparation, and coordination with the Counties and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument management. Kane and Garfield Counties will provide project oversight and will handle reimbursement of project and researcher costs. Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument will provide office space and communications equipment, including a land line telephone, fax, and copy machine, and will also provide an email account for the expert researcher. The Counties and the Monument expect to identify and recruit an expert by May, 2014; the study will be conducted between June and September of 2014. The expert will report on research findings, including identified markets, messages (including, but not limited to key concepts, campaign slogans, catch phrases, or themes), media suggestions (including, but not limited to print and electronic media advertising and outreach), and a budget-driven plan for advertising and outreach, to Kane and Garfield Counties and the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, by September 20, 2014.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM UT - Developing a Sustainable Tourism Market for Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L14AS00065|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Recreation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 1, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 1, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Mar 31, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Mar 31, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jul 31, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Maria Gochis, Grants Management Officer, 801-539-4178
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- Similar Government Grants
- • Blm Ca Recreation And Visitor Services
- • BLM (MT/Daks) Outdoor Recreation Management, Visual Resources, and Travel Management Progr...
- • BLM Arizona Recreation and Visitor Services
- • BLM-CO: Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- • BLM NM Recreation and Visitors Services
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands