BLM-WO, Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Program
The summary for the BLM-WO, Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM-WO, Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Program: Description of Program and/or Project Background: The BLM has partnered with the Leave No Trace Center for over 20 years to provide stewardship programs and outdoor ethics education to BLM visitors and BLM staff. Together, BLM and Leave No Trace have provided outreach and outdoor ethics education to thousands of visitors on BLM lands at recreation sites, through signage and print media and through education programs offered to visitors and BLM staff. As a result, BLM visitors and staff have been exposed to responsible recreation practices, outdoor ethics education information and have learned how to practice minimal impact principles that supports the long-term integrity of the BLM lands and resources and builds stewardship of public lands.Objectives: The mission of the Stewardship and Outdoor Ethics Education Program is to build appreciation and ¿ownership¿ of the public lands by fostering a connection between people and the land through outdoor experiences, education, and volunteerism. The BLM relies on partners and volunteers to help fulfill the Stewardship Program¿s mission. One of the BLM¿s long-standing partners, Leave No Trace helps the agency promote stewardship and teach outdoor ethics and responsible recreation to the public and BLM staff.Public Benefit: Through this outreach opportunity public land visitors will learn how to practice Leave No Trace principles and will be educated in the importance of their responsibility of having best practices in outdoor ethics while recreating on public lands. They will also learn the importance of environmental stewardship and the value of public lands, which in return will be able to pass on their environmental stewardship knowledge and practices to the next generation of public land stewards. Through stewardship programs and outdoor ethics education BLM staffs involvement through this project will further exposed them to responsible recreation practices and further education in Leave No Trace Outdoor Ethics.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM-WO, Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L15AS00093|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Recreation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 21, 2015|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 21, 2015|
|Posted Date:||Apr 22, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Apr 23, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Aug 1, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$125,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Maria Gochis, Grants Management Officer, 801-539-4178
Melanie Beckstead, Grants Management Officer, (801) 539-4169
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM Wyoming Recreation and Visitors Services
- • Montana/Dakotas Recreation and Visitors Services
- • BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Nevada Recreation and Visitors Services
- • FY2020 BLM WO Recreation and Visitor Services Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...