Basic Education Reading Support Project
The summary for the Basic Education Reading Support Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the South Africa USAID Pretoria, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Basic Education Reading Support Project: The goal of the overall USAID/SA education program is to improve reading skills of primary grade learners. This goal will be supporter through this reading support project by increasing the capacity of curriculum advisors and heads of department, and of school principals along with their deputies, to support language and literacy teachers. The project will also provide teachers with a comprehensive package of learning and teaching support materials (LTSM) as a tool to deliver the language curriculum in a way that improves learner literacy outcomes. Teachers’ use of the LTSM package will be supported by curriculum advisors and principals rather than by trainers, coaches or mentors from outside the official education system. The effectiveness of this model will be rigorously evaluated by an independent contractor in line with the USAID Evaluation Policy.
|Federal Grant Title:||Basic Education Reading Support Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||South Africa USAID Pretoria|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-674-16-000005|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 4, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 4, 2016|
|Posted Date:||May 13, 2016|
|Creation Date:||May 16, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 3, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$11,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- South African Organizations only including:
South African non-governmental organizations (NGOs), private voluntary organizations (PVOs), Faith-based and community organizations, and for-profit organizations willing to forego profit.
- Grant Announcement Contact
South Africa USAID-Pretoria YOUR NUMBER
- More Grants from the South Africa USAID Pretoria
- • USAID/Namibia Key Populations - Strengthening Technical Assistance and Response for Sustai...
- • Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) Activity in Lesotho
- • Namibia Scaling up Access For Expanded Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Services (SAFE)...
- • Local Partnerships for the Transformation of Water Annual Program Statement
- • Request for Information for USAID/Namibia Strengthening Technical Assistance and Response ...