Basic and Preclinical Research on Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) [R01]
The summary for the Basic and Preclinical Research on Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) [R01] grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Basic and Preclinical Research on Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) [R01]: -This initiative encourages CAM and conventional researchers to carry out basic and/or preclinical research on CAM areas of special interest with an aim to understand the mechanisms of action of a CAM modality. -Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the number, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. -This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will use the NIH Research Project Grant (R01), but runs in parallel with another Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) of similar scientific scope (PA-06-315, http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-06-315.html) that utilizes the NCCAM R21 funding mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||Basic and Preclinical Research on Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) [R01]|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-440|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine 93.393 Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||May 25, 2006|
|Creation Date:||May 25, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 02, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.394 -- Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education City or township governments Special district governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education County governments Independent school districts State governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Private institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply. Applicants may submit more than one application, provided they are scientifically distinct.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...