Bench to Bedside Research on Type 1 Diabetes and Its Complications
The summary for the Bench to Bedside Research on Type 1 Diabetes and Its Complications grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Bench to Bedside Research on Type 1 Diabetes and Its Complications: This is a reissuance of RFA DK-02-022. The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Eye Institute (NEI), and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) invite applications involving partnerships between clinical and basic biomedical researchers with the goal of translating advances in our understanding of the molecular basis of type 1 diabetes and its complications into new therapies for the prevention, treatment and cure of this disease. In these "bench to bedside" research partnerships, a team of clinical and basic scientists will conduct collaborative research that, if successful, will bring basic research advances from the laboratory to a point where a potential new therapy can be tested in patients or in preclinical studies in animal models.
|Federal Grant Title:||Bench to Bedside Research on Type 1 Diabetes and Its Complications|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-03-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Heart and Vascular Diseases Research 93.847 Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 26, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Sep 04, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Mar 28, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Mar 28, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.855 -- Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...