Biomarkers Discovery In Parkinsonism (U01)
The summary for the Biomarkers Discovery In Parkinsonism (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Biomarkers Discovery In Parkinsonism (U01): The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to support hypothesis-driven research to discover human biomarkers in Parkinsons disease and other Parkinsonian syndromes, as a component of the NINDS Parkinsons Disease Biomarkers Program (PDBP). This FOA encourages biomarkers discovery projects in 1) genetically causal Parkinson's disease, especially for particular sub-types of Parkinson's Disease (PD), including genetic cohorts, biologically defined cohorts of idiopathic PD, or ethnic subgroups of idiopathic PD; 2) The differentiation of synucleinopathies (such as PD and Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) from tauopathies (such asProgressive Supranuclear Palsy and Corticobasal degeneration); or 3) to improve diagnostic differentiation between idiopathic/subtypes of PD and these disorders, as well as from Essential tremor. In order to further advance research in this area, broad sharing of biospecimens and associated data is a critical feature of the PDBP generally and of this FOA specifically.A timeline including milestones, which will be used to evaluate the application not only in peer review but also in consideration of the awarded project for funding of non-competing award years, is required for all studies.
|Federal Grant Title:||Biomarkers Discovery In Parkinsonism (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-16-112|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 6, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 6, 2018|
|Posted Date:||Feb 24, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Feb 24, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Oct 7, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Independent school districts
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Private institutions of higher education
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
City or township governments
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...