Blm Ca Augmenting Natural Desert Tortoise Population Fertile Adults
The summary for the Blm Ca Augmenting Natural Desert Tortoise Population Fertile Adults grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Blm Ca Augmenting Natural Desert Tortoise Population Fertile Adults: (1) to develop methods to speed the growth of hatchery-raised tortoises (mainly by extending food availability through irrigation of native plants within the pens used to protect the juveniles from predators), and to document the size and age at which hatchery-raised tortoises reach sexual maturity, (2) to determine whether generating hatchlings in hatcheries affects their gender (tortoise gender is determined by nest temperature and nesting inside hatchery pens may skew sex ratios one way or the other), and (3) to use hatchery-raised tortoises as a source of juveniles to restock areas depleted of wild desert tortoises, and to augment existing populations.
|Federal Grant Title:||Blm Ca Augmenting Natural Desert Tortoise Population Fertile Adults|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L10AS00361|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 27, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 27, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Sep 17, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Sep 17, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Nov 30, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$900,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$90,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- APPLICANTS MUST BE A PARTNER WITH THE DESERT SOUTHWEST COOPERATIVE ECOSYSTEM STUDIES UNIT
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Traci D Thaler, Grants and Agreements Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...