Brook Trout Suppression in High Lake - Upper Malheur River
The summary for the Brook Trout Suppression in High Lake - Upper Malheur River grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Pacific Northwest Region, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Brook Trout Suppression in High Lake - Upper Malheur River: Experimental brook trout suppression plans include several sequential and/or simultaneous objectives (gill-netting, angling, and electro shocking) that will be completed with funding assistance from Bonneville Power Administration, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the Bureau of Reclamation. In addition under another Reclamation agreement , biologists study to monitor relative abundance of brook trout as a result of removal efforts. Removal of the non-native brook trout and the ensuing monitoring study will increase opportunities for the Tribe to better manage and protect their water and fish and wildlife resources. Reclamation and the public benefit from this project by gaining knowledge of reducing a non-native fish which poses a serious threat to federally threatened bull trout.
|Federal Grant Title:||Brook Trout Suppression in High Lake - Upper Malheur River|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation Pacific Northwest Region|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R13SS11004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 29, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 29, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Mar 15, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Mar 15, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Apr 28, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,343|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,343|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the Bureau of Reclamation's intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Melinda Ritacco Financial Assistance Specialist Phone 208-378-5103
- Similar Government Grants
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Activities in Kansas
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Activities in Wyoming
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention
- • Cascade Conservation Implementation
- • Notice of Intent to Award to Nevada Department of Wildlife
- • Habitat Restoration, Improvement and Planning Program in South-Central California Area Off...
- • Modeling and Monitoring of Water Quality for the williamson river Delta Restoration Projec...
- • Sulphur Creek Fish Barrier
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Pacific Northwest Region
- • Ririe Recreation Area Operations and Maintenance
- • Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Anaconda Inspection Station
- • Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Early detection Monitoring Project
- • Grand Ronde Habitat Project Prioritization, Development, and Monitoring
- • Upper Salmon Basin Stream Rehabilitation Project Planning