Building Health Sector Capacity for HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Interventions and Coordination in the Republic of Cote dIvoire under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
The summary for the Building Health Sector Capacity for HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Interventions and Coordination in the Republic of Cote dIvoire under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Building Health Sector Capacity for HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Interventions and Coordination in the Republic of Cote dIvoire under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief: This award is intended to build upon existing ministry of health initiatives to promote a strong health-sector response to HIV/AIDS as part of a multisectoral and integrated national approach. The MSHP will coordinate award activities with various sub-departments of the Ministry and foster stronger involvement of local government officials and other stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of HIV/AIDS activities and to promote local ownership and sustainability. Specifically, this award will directly contribute to: the development and refinement of regional-level HIV activity planning, coordination, and implementation in Cote d'Ivoire; an integrated national monitoring and evaluation system; improved HIV/AIDS surveillance; improved use of data to inform decision-making; and strengthened human and institutional capacities for planning, strategic information, training, supervision, and resource mobilization.
|Federal Grant Title:||Building Health Sector Capacity for HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Interventions and Coordination in the Republic of Cote dIvoire under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS10-1036|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 08, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 08, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jan 06, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jan 06, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Apr 07, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$50,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The MSHP is the only eligible applicant that can apply for this funding opportunity because it is the sole public sector entity in Cote d'Ivoire mandated by the government to address the public's health needs. This mandate includes coordination, monitoring and evaluation of comprehensive STI/TB and HIV prevention, and care and treatment services.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- PGO TIMS grants Phone 770-488-2700
GENERAL E-MAIL [PGOTIM@CDC.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2