Cancer Genome Characterization Centers (U24)
The summary for the Cancer Genome Characterization Centers (U24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cancer Genome Characterization Centers (U24): The NCI is soliciting applications from investigators interested in participating in a collaborative network of Cancer Genome Characterization Centers (CGCCs) to be established under this funding opportunity. This request for applications (RFA) is a component of The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) Pilot Project recently announced by the NCI and the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) (http://cancergenome.nih.gov), a comprehensive and coordinated effort to accelerate our understanding of the molecular basis of cancer through the application of high throughput genome analysis technologies that interrogate the entire genomes of human cancer biospecimens. The CGCCs, Genome Sequencing Centers, and other components (see below) of the TCGA will work together in a collaborative Research Network. The overall goal of the TCGA pilot effort is to assess technical feasibility and clinical relevance in conducting a comprehensive analysis of the genomic alterations found in human cancers.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cancer Genome Characterization Centers (U24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-07-014|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research 93.394 Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 13, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Mar 10, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Mar 10, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Jun 12, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$35,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$11,700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.395 -- Cancer Treatment Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) City or township governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education County governments Small businesses For profit organizations other than small businesses Private institutions of higher education Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) State governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Special district governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Foreign institutions and organizations are not eligible to apply, but may participate as collaborators or subcontractors within a CGCC.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...