Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01)
The summary for the Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01): Purpose. Through this funding opportunity announcement (FOA), the National Cancer Institute (NCI) solicits applications for the Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET). The goal of CISNET is to use simulation and other modeling techniques (a) to understand the impact of cancer control interventions (i.e., screening, treatment, prevention) on national trends in cancer rates, and (b) to inform national/regional/local decisions on the most efficient utilization of existing and emerging technologies and strategies for the control of cancer. This FOA expands CISNET efforts focused on four cancer sites (prostate, lung, colorectal, breast) and will also cover two additional sites (cervical and esophageal cancer). Expansion into new areas of modeling (identified in the FOA) is also encouraged. This FOA will support collaborative, interactive projects involving groups of researchers that would put forward a program of comparative modeling, as well as to allow coverage across the important cancer control issues and relevant specific focus areas for the selected organ site. Investigators may propose the application, extension, and/or merging of existing models. However, de novo model development will NOT be supported. Because of the requirement of conducting cross-model comparisons (i.e. comparative modeling) and coverage of a broad range of cancer control issues, it is expected that each award will support between approximately 2 and 5 modeling groups working together. This FOA is an open competition for all qualified investigators, irrespective of their previous involvement in the CISNET program. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH U01 cooperative agreement mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-09-025|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 03, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 03, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jun 25, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jun 25, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Dec 04, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); U.S. Territory or Possession; Units of Local Governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01 Clinic...
- • U.S. and Low- and Middle-Income Country (LMIC) HIV-Associated Malignancy Research Centers ...
- • Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes and Pancrea...
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis,...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...