Capacity Building for Education Reform Program
The summary for the Capacity Building for Education Reform Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the West Bank Gaza USAID West Bank, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Capacity Building for Education Reform Program: The new program contributes to the Ministry of Education efforts to implement the Teacher Education Strategy issued in May 2008. The program focuses on upgrading the qualifications, competencies and skills of teachers, as the most important element in educational reform. Research has ascertained that the quality of any educational system will not exceed the quality of its teachers. Through a modular curriculum for teacher training that meets best international standards, the program will introduce to the education system 21st century skills and contemporary pedagogy that focuses on the needs of the learner. The Capacity Building for Education Reform project will work with units and institutions in the MOEHE, as well as those of universities, to implement a comprehensive national plan for in-service teacher training to upgrade teacher qualifications and skills. EDO believes that no improvements could be made to variables that cannot be measured. For that purpose, a monitoring system will be developed within the Ministry to assess teacher performance and measure student learning outcomes during and after conducting teacher training. Assessment tools will be added to the already existing Education Monitoring System. Mechanisms for coaching and mentoring teachers will be developed.
|Federal Grant Title:||Capacity Building for Education Reform Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||West Bank Gaza USAID West Bank|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA294-2011-206|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 18, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 18, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Apr 01, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Apr 01, 2011|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$16,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$16,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$3,500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission to the West Bank and Gaza is seeking applications from qualified U.S. and Non-U.S. Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)* to implement a program entitled "Capacity Building for Education Reform" program in the West Bank and Gaza. The authority for the RFA is found in the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended. Recipients are encouraged to utilize local expertise and local institutions whenever possible in implementing the program.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Linda Maher Acquisition Specialist Phone 00972 3 5198670
Acquisition Specialist [Lmaher@usaid.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the West Bank Gaza USAID West Bank
- • USAID West Bank and Gaza Conflict Management and Mitigation Program
- • Global Competencies
- • Gaza Household WASH Activity (GHW)
- • Positive Youth Engagement
- • 2017 West Bank and Gaza Conflict Mitigation and Management (CMM) Activities Annual Program...