Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research (K01)
The summary for the Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research (K01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research (K01): Purpose: The purpose of the NIH Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (K01) is to provide support and "protected time" (three, four, or five years) for an intensive, supervised career development experience in the biomedical, behavioral, or clinical sciences leading to research independence. The goal of the NINDS K01 is to diversify the pool of independent neuroscience research investigators. The NINDS recognizes the unique and compelling need to promote diversity in participation in neuroscience research and expects these efforts to diversify the neuroscience research workforce to lead to the recruitment of the most talented researchers from all groups. Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact NINDS staff for programmatic and budgetary information. Mechanism of Support: This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will utilize the NIH Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (K01) mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research (K01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-09-065|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Dec 30, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 31, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Feb 06, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Center without Walls for Molecular Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration in Frontotemporal Degen...
- • Mechanisms of Selective Vulnerability in LBD and FTD (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Mechanisms of Pathological Spread of Abnormal Proteins in LBD and FTD (R01 Clinical Trial ...
- • NIH StrokeNet Clinical Trials and Biomarker Studies for Stroke Treatment, Recovery, and Pr...
- • The NINDS Human Biospecimen and Data Repository (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • NINDS Cooperative Small Business Awards In Translational Research (SBIR/U44)
- • NINDS Institutional Center Core Grants to Support Neuroscience Research
- • Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...