Career Development Grants in Occupational Safety and Health Research (K01)
The summary for the Career Development Grants in Occupational Safety and Health Research (K01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Career Development Grants in Occupational Safety and Health Research (K01): This Program Announcement (PA) supersedes all previous announcements of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Special Emphasis Research Career Award (K01) Program. The overall purpose of the NIOSH program for Career Development Grants in Occupational Safety and Health Research is to make awards over a three-year period for investigators who intend to gain experience in a new research area and/or one in which an additional supervised research experience will substantially add to the research capabilities of the applicant. In either case, applicants would develop their research skills under the guidance of at least one mentor who is an accomplished investigator in the relevant research area. The program is open to candidates having faculty appointments and holding a Ph.D., M.D., D.V.M., D.O., or equivalent professional degree who wish to develop research capabilities in research areas relevant to the mission of NIOSH. A goal of this program is to provide "hands-on" research at the applicant institution, to enhance the institutions science infrastructure, and to develop the research career and teaching skills of the candidate. By developing these capabilities, the candidate will expand the pool of well- trained scientists who contribute to solving occupational safety and health concerns and will be in a position to assist other investigators in the same way. Furthermore, the candidate will enhance his/her skills in training students and guiding them to pursuing advanced degrees in this field.
|Federal Grant Title:||Career Development Grants in Occupational Safety and Health Research (K01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-04-105|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Occupational Safety and Health Research Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||May 24, 2004|
|Creation Date:||May 24, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Aug 01, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Commercial Fishing Occupational Safety Training Project Grants
- • Commercial Fishing Occupational Safety Research Cooperative Agreement
- • Occupational Safety and Health Surveillance Collaboration, Education and Translation
- • National Center for Construction Safety and Health Research and Translation
- • Occupational Safety and Health Research (R01)
- • World Trade Center Health Consortium
- • Mining Safety and Health Training and Translation Center
- • Centers for Excellence to Promote a Healthier Workforce
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...