Choice Neighborhoods Planning Grants Program
The summary for the Choice Neighborhoods Planning Grants Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Choice Neighborhoods Planning Grants Program: With this publication, HUD is making available up to $5,000,000 for Planning Grants, including Planning and Action Grants.1. Planning Grants are two-year grants that assist communities with severely distressed public or HUD-assisted housing in developing a successful neighborhood transformation plan and building the support necessary for that plan to be successfully implemented.2. Planning and Action Grants are three and a half year planning grants that pair planning with action. Experience shows that tangible actions taken early on help communities build momentum for further planning and the eventual transition from planning to implementation of that plan. These actions improve neighborhood confidence, which in turn sustains the community’s energy, attracts more engagement and resources, and helps convince skeptical stakeholders that positive change is possible. Under these grants, the planning process activities would take place during the first 24 months of the grant period. The planning process will identify Action Activities that will be carried out during the latter portion of the grant period. Action Activities must build upon the planning for the target housing and neighborhood.
|Federal Grant Title:||Choice Neighborhoods Planning Grants Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-6200-N-38|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 12th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 12th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||April 10th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||April 10th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||July 12th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||April 10th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants under this NOFA are Public Housing Authorities (PHAs), local governments, tribal entities, nonprofits. Refer to the definitions in section I.A.4 for definitions of these terms. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Persons with hearing or speech impairments may access this number via TTY by calling the toll-free Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Choice Neighborhoods Planning Grants
- • Choice Neighborhoods Initiative - Planning Grants
- More Grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- • 2019 Family Unification Program Notice of Funding Availability
- • Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disabilities (Capital Advance)
- • Project Rental Assistance Program of Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disab...
- • Family Self-Sufficiency Program - Renewal
- • Resident Opportunity & Self-Sufficiency Program