Climate Program Office (CPO), Earth System Science and Modeling Research for Coastal Inundation
The summary for the Climate Program Office (CPO), Earth System Science and Modeling Research for Coastal Inundation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Climate Program Office (CPO), Earth System Science and Modeling Research for Coastal Inundation: Climate variability and change present society with significant economic, health, safety, and security challenges. As part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) climate portfolio within the Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR), Climate Program Office (CPO), the Earth System Science and Modeling (ESSM) Division programs address climate challenges by managing competitive research programs that support high-priority science initiatives. CPO/ESSM Programs advance our understanding of the Earth's climate system and foster the application and use of this knowledge to improve the resilience of our Nation and its partners. The National Ocean Service (NOS) provides data, tools, and services that support coastal economies and their contribution to the national economy, especially in the area of preparedness and risk reduction. The Climate Program Office is working across OAR and NOS, and in collaboration with the National Weather Service, to develop and support research on the topic of coastal inundation. Through this announcement, CPO/ESSM is seeking applications for one individual competition in FY23. Competitions solicit projects in response to H.R.3684 - Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, NOAA section, Provision 3:“... coastal and inland flood and inundation mapping and forecasting, …” that align with the goals of “A NOAA Capability for Coastal Flooding and Inundation Information and Services at Climate Timescales to Reduce Risk and Improve Resilience”. (https://cpo.noaa.gov/Portals/0/Docs/Risk-Teams/NOAA-Coastal-Inundation-at-Climate-Timescales-Whitepaper.pdf)NOAA, OAR, and CPO require applicants and awardees to support the principles of diversity and inclusion when writing their proposals and performing their work; indeed, applicants will be evaluated, in part, on how well principles of diversity and inclusion are addressed. Diversity is defined as a collection of individual attributes that together help organizations achieve objectives. Inclusion is defined as a culture that connects each employee to the organization. Promoting diversity and inclusion improves creativity, productivity, and the vitality of the climate research community in which CPO engages.
|Federal Grant Title:||Climate Program Office (CPO), Earth System Science and Modeling Research for Coastal Inundation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Business and Commerce Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-OAR-CPO-2023-2007559|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 17th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 17th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||January 4th, 2023|
|Creation Date:||January 4th, 2023|
|Archive Date:||April 16th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 5th, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education, other nonprofits, commercial organizations, international organizations, and state, local and Indian tribal governments. Federal agencies or institutions are not eligible to receive Federal assistance under this NOFO. If applicants or NOAA cooperative institutes are interested in collaborating with NOAA labs/center employees, then cooperative institutes applicants should submit their applications directly to this NOFO. NOAA lab/center federal employees can participate by emailing the competition managers directly.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CPO Grants Manager
- Similar Government Grants
- • Climate Program Office (CPO), Climate and Societal Interactions (CSI) Division - Bipartisa...
- • Climate Program Office (CPO), Earth System Science and Modeling Research in support of the...
- • Climate Program Office (CPO) Adaptation Sciences: Interdisciplinary research, engagement a...
- • Climate Program Office FY 2023
- • Climate Program Office (CPO), Regional Integrated Science and Assessments (RISA) FY2022
- • Climate Program Office for FY 2008
- • Climate Program Office for FY 2009
- • FY 09 Joint Hurricane Testbed
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • Cetacean Research in the Pacific Islands - 2023
- • 2023/2024 Monkfish Research Set Aside
- • 2023 MBDA Capital Readiness Program
- • Geospatial Modeling Grant
- • Alaska Marine Education and Training Mini-Grant Program