Clinical Centers for the NHLBI Asthma Network (AsthmaNet) (U10)
The summary for the Clinical Centers for the NHLBI Asthma Network (AsthmaNet) (U10) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Clinical Centers for the NHLBI Asthma Network (AsthmaNet) (U10): -Purpose. The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA), issued by NHLBI, NIH, is to invite applications to participate in the NHLBI Asthma Network (AsthmaNet), a clinical research network that will develop and conduct multiple clinical trials to address the most important asthma management questions and new treatment approaches in pediatric and adult populations. AsthmaNet is designed to promote cooperation and coordination, facilitate scientific exchange, provides training opportunities, and leverage resources. AsthmaNet will include multiple Clinical Centers and one Data Coordinating Center. The protocols will include clinical trials to evaluate and/or compare existing or new therapeutic approaches to asthma management as well as a limited number of proof-of-concept studies to advance the development of novel therapies and studies that investigate the mechanistic bases for interventions examined in AsthmaNet. This FOA solicits applications for clinical centers and runs in parallel with a separate FOA that solicits applications for the data coordinating center (see RFA-HL-08-011). -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the cooperative agreement mechanism of support (U10). -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount to be awarded for AsthmaNet (the Clinical Centers and the Data Coordinating Center) will be a maximum $104.8 million total costs for the project period. It is anticipated that up to 9 Clinical Centers under this FOA, and 1 Data Coordinating Center under the related FOA (see RFA-HL-08-011) will be awarded. As an optional program, and included in the total amount designated for AsthmaNet, up to 3 Clinical Research Skills Development Cores may be awarded to Clinical Centers participating in AsthmaNet if they apply for a CRSD core.
|Federal Grant Title:||Clinical Centers for the NHLBI Asthma Network (AsthmaNet) (U10)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HL-08-010|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Lung Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 30, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jun 19, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jun 19, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Mar 02, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) City or township governments State governments County governments Small businesses Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Independent school districts Special district governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Private institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Disease Modifying Therapies for Chronic Lung Disease (R61/R33 Clinical Trial Required)
- • Limited Competition: Network Management Core (NEMO) for the Pulmonary Trials Cooperative (...
- • Advancing Novel Research Models to Study Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (U01 Clinical Trial...
- • Management of Asthma in Primary Care - Bioinformatics Center (U24 - Clinical Trial Require...
- • Management of Asthma in Primary Care - Clinical Center (UG3/UH3 - Clinical Trial Required)
- • Pathogenesis of Sars Lung Disease: in Vitro Studies and Animal Models
- • Lung Response to Inhaled Highly Toxic Chemicals
- • Protein Interactions Governing Membrane Transport in Pulmonary Health and Disease (R01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...