Community Networks to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities
The summary for the Community Networks to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Community Networks to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities: The National Cancer Institute, through its Center to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities (CRCHD), invites cooperative agreement grant applications (U01) for Community Networks to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities Through Education, Research, and Training (Community Networks Program CNP). The purpose of the CNP is to reduce cancer health disparities by conducting community-based participatory education, training, and research among racial/ethnic minorities (e.g., African Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Pacific Islanders, and Native Americans/Alaska Natives) and underserved populations (e.g., Appalachian, rural, low socioeconomic status and other underserved populations). The overall goals of this program are to significantly improve access to and utilization of beneficial cancer interventions in communities with cancer health disparities, thereby reducing these disparities. The CNP will be implemented in three phases. The goal of Phase I is to develop and increase capacity building to support community-based participatory education, research, and training to reduce cancer health disparities. The goal of Phase II is to develop community-based participatory research and training programs to reduce cancer health disparities. The goal of Phase III is to establish credibility and sustainability of the CNP.
|Federal Grant Title:||Community Networks to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-05-012|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research 93.394 Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 13, 2004|
|Posted Date:||May 03, 2004|
|Creation Date:||May 03, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Oct 14, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.399 -- Cancer Control|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...