Comprehensive Minority Institution/Cancer Center Partnership (U54)
The summary for the Comprehensive Minority Institution/Cancer Center Partnership (U54) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Comprehensive Minority Institution/Cancer Center Partnership (U54): -The National Cancer Institute (NCI) invites cooperative agreement (U54) linked award applications for the implementation of Comprehensive Minority Institution/Cancer Center Partnerships (MI/CCPs) between Minority-Serving Institutions (MSIs) and NCI-designated Cancer Centers (or groups of Centers). The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to foster and support intensive collaborations among MSIs and the cancer centers in order to develop stronger national cancer programs aimed at understanding the reasons behind the significant cancer disparities and related impacts on racial and ethnic minority and socio-economically disadvantaged populations. -The NCI intends to commit approximately $7.5 million in total costs in FY 07 to fund six (three pairs) or seven (two pairs and one triad) new and/or competitive continuation applications in response to this FOA. An applicant may request a project period of up to 5 years. -This FOA will use the National Institutes of Health (NIH) cooperative agreement specialized center (U54) award mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||Comprehensive Minority Institution/Cancer Center Partnership (U54)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-07-045|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research 93.394 Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 14, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Feb 23, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Feb 23, 2007|
|Archive Date:||May 14, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$7,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.396 -- Cancer Biology Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...