Convener of Discussions on Medical Policy Issues Impacting Drug Development
The summary for the Convener of Discussions on Medical Policy Issues Impacting Drug Development grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Food Drug Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Convener of Discussions on Medical Policy Issues Impacting Drug Development: The Office of Medical Policy (OMP) provides CDER oversight and leadership in the development of medical policy, procedures, and policy initiatives pertaining to drug development, drug approval, bioresearch monitoring, human subject protection and post market surveillance processes. When developing and implementing policy, a key step is often to create a broad public forum with a variety of stakeholders to identify key issues that will need to be addressed before, during, and after implementation of any initiative. These discussions can help focus many of the policy and procedural needs of an evolving initiative. The goal of such meetings is not to obtain advice relating to regulatory actions or to make decisions. Nor is the goal to reach a consensus among the participants on any of the issues discussed. Rather, it is to hear the opinions of experts in the field and other individual stakeholders. In addition, it is important to maintain transparency. The goal of these meetings is to be as inclusive as possible, while still limiting participation to a number that supports the meetings goals and objectives. However, it is important to ensure that information from these meetings and working groups must be described, managed, and made available to the public using a transparent and open approach.
|Federal Grant Title:||Convener of Discussions on Medical Policy Issues Impacting Drug Development|
|Federal Agency Name:||Food Drug Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-FD-14-003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Food and Drug Administration_Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 2, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 2, 2014|
|Posted Date:||Mar 31, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Mar 30, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jul 2, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$550,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Gladys Melendez-Bohler
Grants Management Specialist
Food & Drug Administration 301-443-5869
- Similar Government Grants
- • FDA Support for Conferences and Scientific Meetings (R13 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Drug Development Tools Research Grants (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Rare Disease Clinical Outcome Assessment Consortium (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Cigar Tobacco Reference Products Program (UC2) Clinical Trials Not Allowed
- • Implementation of U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act - Identifying, Researching, and Imple...
- • Support for Small Scientific Conference Grant Program
- • Cooperative Agreement to Support the World Health Organization (WHO) International Program...
- • Clinical Studies of Safety and Effectiveness of Orphan Products
- More Grants from the Food Drug Administration
- • NARMS Cooperative Agreement Program to Enhance and Strengthen Antibiotic Resistance Survei...
- • Cooperative Agreement to Support Shellfish Safety Assistance Project (U01)
- • Native American Tribes Outreach, Education, and Training to Enhance Food Safety and FSMA C...
- • Local Food Producer Outreach, Education, and Training to Enhance Food Safety and FDA Food ...
- • National Training, Education, Extension, Outreach, and Technical Assistance Competitive Gr...