Coral Reef Conservation Program Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants
The summary for the Coral Reef Conservation Program Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Coral Reef Conservation Program Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants: The NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Grant Program, as authorized under the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000, provides matching grants of financial assistance to institutions of higher education, non-profit organizations, commercial organizations, and local and Indian tribal government agencies under the Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grant program. These awards are intended to support coral reef conservation projects in shallow water coral reef ecosystems, including mesophotic depths, in American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Florida, Guam, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Proposals submitted to this competition must address at least one of the following four categories: (1) Fishing Impacts; (2) Land-Based Sources of Pollution; (3) Climate Change; and (4) Local and Emerging Management Issues. All proposed work should be consistent with the CRCP National Goals and Objectives 2010- 2015 (http://coralreef.noaa.gov/aboutcrcp/strategy/currentgoals/ resources/3threats_go.pdf) and/or the relevant Jurisdictional Coral Reef Management Priorities (http://coralreef.noaa.gov/aboutcrcp/ strategy/reprioritization/managementpriorities). Proposals selected for funding through this solicitation will be implemented through a grant and will require a 1:1 match of funds. Approximately $500,000 is expected to be available for this competition in FY 2011. Funding will be divided among the U.S. Pacific and Atlantic regions to maintain the geographic balance of the Grant Program overall, as required by the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000. NOAA will not accept proposals with a budget under $30,000 or over $125,000 under this solicitation. It is expected that the average award size will be $65,000.
|Federal Grant Title:||Coral Reef Conservation Program Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NOS-OCRM-2011-2002594|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Coral Reef Conservation Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 01, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 01, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jul 20, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 20, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Dec 01, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$125,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Institutions of higher education, non-profit organizations, commercial organizations, local and Indian tribal government agencies can apply for funding under the DCRCG. U.S. Federal, State, territory, and commonwealth governments and Regional Fishery Management Councils are not eligible under this category. NOAA employees are not allowed to help in the preparation of applications or write letters of support for any application. NOAA staff is available to provide information on programmatic goals and objectives, ongoing coral reef conservation programs/activities, regional funding priorities, and, along with other Program Officers, can provide information on application procedures and completion of required federal forms. For activities that involve collaboration with current NOAA programs or staff, NOAA employees must provide a letter verifying that they are collaborating with the project. Employee travel and salaries are not allowable costs under this program.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher Policy Advisor
For application download issues only. [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY21-22 CRCP State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative Agreements
- • FY2020 NOAA Ruth Gates Coral Restoration Innovation Grants
- • FY 2020-2021 Coral Reef Conservation Program Non-Governmental Organization Partnership Coo...
- • FY20-21 CRCP International Coral Reef Conservation Grants and Cooperative Agreements
- • FY19 Coral Reef Conservation Program, Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants
- • Opportunity NOAA-NOS-IPO-2011-2002585
- • Coral Reef Conservation Program State and Territorial Coral Reef Conservation Cooperative ...
- • FY12 Coral Reef Conservation Program Domestic Coral Reef Conservation Grants
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021