Correlative Studies with Specimens from Multi-Site Trials (R01)
The summary for the Correlative Studies with Specimens from Multi-Site Trials (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Correlative Studies with Specimens from Multi-Site Trials (R01): -Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is intended to support translational correlative studies that utilize annotated tumor and/or other biospecimens collected during large-scale multi-institutional clinical and/or prevention trials, respectively. The Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program (CTEP), the Cancer Diagnosis Program (CDP), and the Cancer Biomarkers Research Group (CBRG) of the NCI are cooperatively sponsoring this FOA with the overarching goal to facilitate predictions of responses to current interventions, and inspire future development of improved therapeutic and preventive strategies. Projects proposed in response to this FOA should address the correlations between intervention outcomes and cancer patients' disease characteristics determined at various cellular/molecular levels. For example, disease progression patterns may be correlated with tumor genotypic and/or phenotypic profiles (at the levels of the genome, epigenome, gene expression and/or protein and non-protein molecular markers. This FOA will only support studies that use tumor specimens linked to specific interventions/trials. To be able to achieve these translational goals, the proposed projects are expected to rely on interactions between basic researchers and clinical investigators, in order to improve future drug development and interventions. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA uses the NIH research project R01 grant mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope, PA-08-133, that solicits applications under the NIH Exploratory/Developmental Grant (R21) mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||Correlative Studies with Specimens from Multi-Site Trials (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-08-134|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 07, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Apr 04, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jun 07, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations) Regional Organizations U.S. Territory or Possession
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01 Clinic...
- • U.S. and Low- and Middle-Income Country (LMIC) HIV-Associated Malignancy Research Centers ...
- • Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes and Pancrea...
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis,...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...