Cultivating MACAs Next Generation of Park Stewards through Citizen Science
The summary for the Cultivating MACAs Next Generation of Park Stewards through Citizen Science grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cultivating MACAs Next Generation of Park Stewards through Citizen Science: There is a growing recognition of the lack of science literacy in public schools, while there is a parallel need for collection of science information on resources at the National Park Service level. This project will enhance the existing MACA environmental education program with doctorate and masters level science consultation from WKU to address both needs through a program of field study units specifically designed to introduce students to a range of science disciplines through investigations into a variety of park natural resource questions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cultivating MACAs Next Generation of Park Stewards through Citizen Science|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P18AS00196|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 23rd, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 23rd, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 1st, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 1st, 2018|
|Archive Date:||July 1st, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 1st, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The United States Department of the Interior, The National Park Service (NPS), is announcing a notice of intent to award to award a cooperative agreement; this is not a request for applications. This funding opportunity is to provide public notice of NPS's intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition, under Cooperative Agreement P18AC00416 with Western Kentucky University, a partner under the Southern Appalachian Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit, for a project titled; Cultivating MACAâ¿¿s Next Generation of Park Stewards through Citizen Science.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Brian Straka 8654361217
- Similar Government Grants
- • MACA Administrative History
- • Visitor Use Study at Waco Mammoth National Monument
- • Stabilization of Rock Springs Land and Cattle Company Headquarters Building
- • Stabilization of Telegraph Building at OX Ranch
- • An investigation of the Impact of the NPS to New Mexico's Outdoor Recreation Economy ...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Japanese American Confinement Sites Grant Program
- • Engaging Youth through Trails, Roads and Environmental Restoration Projects
- • Youth Work Programs Cross Cultural Learning - Tomaquag Interns
- • Lowell Folk Festival Support
- • Collaborative Management Through Implementation of the Upper Delaware River Management Pla...