DOD FY12 Lung Cancer Translational Research Partnership Award
The summary for the DOD FY12 Lung Cancer Translational Research Partnership Award grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army USAMRAA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DOD FY12 Lung Cancer Translational Research Partnership Award: The key initiative of the Lung Cancer Research Program Translational Research Partnership Award is to encourage partnerships between clinicians and laboratory scientists that will accelerate the movement of promising ideas in lung cancer into clinical applications. This award supports the development of translational research collaborations between two independent, faculty level (or equivalent) investigators to address a central problem or question in lung cancer in a manner that would be less readily achievable through separate efforts. One partner in the collaboration must be a laboratory scientist and the other must be a clinician, and it should be clear that both have had equal intellectual input into the design of the research project. Multi-institutional partnerships are encouraged but not required. At least one member of the partnership must have experience either in lung cancer research or lung cancer patient care. A proposed project in which the clinical partner merely supplies tissue samples or access to patients will not meet the intent of this award mechanism. Submissions from and partnerships with investigators at Military Medical Treatment Facilities, military labs, the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers and research laboratories, and commercial organizations are encouraged. This mechanism does not support clinical trials, but may support correlative studies that are associated with an existing clinical trial and projects that develop clinical endpoints for clinical trials. Research projects may also include preclinical studies in animal models and human subjects and human anatomical substances. Preliminary data to support the feasibility of the research hypotheses and research approaches are required; however, these data do not necessarily need to be in lung cancer.
|Federal Grant Title:||DOD FY12 Lung Cancer Translational Research Partnership Award|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army USAMRAA|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W81XWH-12-LCRP-TRPA|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Military Medical Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 20, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 20, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 17, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Apr 17, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Oct 20, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,320,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- PA HELP and eReceipt HELP: 301-682-5507; email@example.com
CDMRP Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant, Clinical Network Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Resource and Community Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Idea Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Concept Award
- • DoD Kidney Cancer, Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army USAMRAA
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award