Data Coordinating Center for the NHLBI Asthma Network (AsthmaNet) (U10)
The summary for the Data Coordinating Center for the NHLBI Asthma Network (AsthmaNet) (U10) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Data Coordinating Center for the NHLBI Asthma Network (AsthmaNet) (U10): -Purpose. The purpose of this funding opportunity is to invite applications to participate as Data Coordinating Center in the NHLBI Asthma Network (AsthmaNet), a clinical research network that will develop and conduct multiple clinical trials to address the most important asthma management questions and new treatment approaches in pediatric and adult populations. AsthmaNet is designed to promote cooperation and coordination, facilitate scientific exchange, provide training opportunities, and leverage resources. AsthmaNet will include multiple Clinical Centers and one Data Coordinating Center. The protocols will include clinical trials to evaluate and/or compare existing or new therapeutic approaches to asthma management as well as a limited number of proof of concept studies to advance the development of novel therapies and studies that investigate the mechanistic bases for interventions examined in AsthmaNet. This FOA solicits applications for the Data Coordinating Center and runs parallel with a separate FOA that solicits applications for up to nine Clinical Centers (see RFA-HL-08-010). -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the cooperative agreement mechanism of support (U10). -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount to be awarded for AsthmaNet (comprised of the Clinical Centers and the Data Coordinating Center) will be a maximum $104.8 million total costs for the project period. It is anticipated that one Data Coordinating Center under this FOA, and up to nine Clinical Centers under the related FOA (see RFA-HL-08-010) will be awarded.
|Federal Grant Title:||Data Coordinating Center for the NHLBI Asthma Network (AsthmaNet) (U10)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HL-08-011|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Lung Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 30, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jun 19, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jun 19, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Mar 02, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- For profit organizations other than small businesses State governments Private institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Small businesses Special district governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) City or township governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) County governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Advancing Novel Research Models to Study Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (U01 Clinical Trial...
- • Management of Asthma in Primary Care - Bioinformatics Center (U24 - Clinical Trial Require...
- • Management of Asthma in Primary Care - Clinical Center (UG3/UH3 - Clinical Trial Required)
- • Molecular Atlas of Lung Development Program (LungMAP) Phase 2 - Data Coordinating Center (...
- • Molecular Atlas of Lung Development Program (LungMAP) Phase 2 - Human Tissue Core (U01- Cl...
- • Pathogenesis of Sars Lung Disease: in Vitro Studies and Animal Models
- • Lung Response to Inhaled Highly Toxic Chemicals
- • Protein Interactions Governing Membrane Transport in Pulmonary Health and Disease (R01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...