Dental Faculty Development and Loan Repayment Program
The summary for the Dental Faculty Development and Loan Repayment Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Dental Faculty Development and Loan Repayment Program: This announcement solicits applications for the Dental Faculty Development and Loan Repayment Program. Program Purpose The purpose of this program is to increase the number and quality of the oral health workforce by assisting dental training programs in general, pediatric, dental public health or dental hygiene to attract, develop and retain dental faculty through both loan repayment and faculty development activities. This FOA will focus on faculty who are training and providing service in community-based primary care settings. Program Requirements Applicants must propose both faculty loan repayment and faculty development activities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Dental Faculty Development and Loan Repayment Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-16-182|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Training in General, Pediatric, and Public Health Dentistry|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 31, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 31, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Mar 30, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Mar 30, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include dental schools, public or private not-for-profit hospitals, or other public or private not-for profit entities capable of carrying out the grant activities. Faith-based and community-based organizations, Tribes, and tribal organizations are able to apply, if otherwise eligible.
Eligible applicants must have accredited training programs in dental or dental hygiene schools, or approved residency or advanced education programs in the practice of general dentistry, pediatric dentistry, or dental public health. The applicant must submit accreditation documentation for the relevant training program in Attachment 9 Section IV.2.vi of this FOA.
Current award recipients under the Faculty Development in General, Pediatric, and Public Health Dentistry and Dental Hygiene Program are eligible to apply for this FOA. Applicants must ensure that funding requests do not overlap with currently funded programs.
Foreign entities are not eligible to apply for this FOA.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact thomas Vallin at (301)443-1307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Resources and Services Administration 301-443-7432
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Addiction Medicine Fellowship Program
- • Opioid-Impacted Family Support Program
- • U5D MCH Pediatric Research Network Program (PedsRN)
- • U4D Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Pregnancy-Related Care Research Network (PRC-RN) Progr...
- • Emergency Medical Services for Children Innovation and Improvement Center