Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2020 and 2021
The summary for the Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2020 and 2021 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2020 and 2021: This FOA's objective is to invite private industry, universities, water utilities, and other research sponsors to submit applications that address DWPR program goals and objectives at the laboratory or pilot scale studies. Funding Group I: Laboratory Scale projects are typically bench scale studies involving small flow rates (less than 2 gallons per minute). They are used to determine the viability of a novel process, new materials, or process modifications. Research at this stage often involves a high degree of risk and uncertainty. Up to $250,000 in Federal funds per proposed project will be available under this funding group for projects that can be completed within two years. Funding Group II: Pilot scale projects test a novel process at a sufficiently large scale to determine the practicality of implementing the technology at a larger scale. Pilot studies are used to generate data that can be used to estimate the operational requirements (labor, chemical addition, power requirements) of the process and to show performance with respect to finished water quality goals. Pilot scale projects are generally preceded by laboratory studies (funded previously by DWPR or others) that demonstrate that the technology works. Up to $800,000 in Federal funds per proposed project will be available under this funding group for projects that can be completed within three years. The funding will be divided by year and should be included in the proposed budget portion of the application. Funding after the first year is not guaranteed and will be made available based on adequate work completed in the previous year.
|Federal Grant Title:||Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2020 and 2021|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation (DOI-BOR)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BOR-DO-20-F004|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||December 4th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||December 4th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||October 3rd, 2019|
|Creation Date:||October 3rd, 2019|
|Archive Date:||January 3rd, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,475,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$800,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||October 3rd, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Individuals, institutions of higher education, profit organizations, State and local governmental entities, non-profit organizations, federally-funded Research and Development Centers, United States-Mexico binational research foundations and interuniversity research programs, and Indian tribal governments and organizations. Foreign entities are not eligible for funding under the authorizing legislation for this program, except for the United States-Mexico binational entities as mentioned above. Federal agencies are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Program Information
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kelli M Schulte
Grants Management Specialist
Financial Assistance Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program for Fiscal Year 2019
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program for Fiscal Year 2018
- • Rio Chama Pilot Project
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program Fiscal Year 2017 Full Scale Testing P...
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research (DWPR) Program Fiscal Year 2017 Pilot Scale T...
- • VTE Pilot/Demo Test
- • Measuring In-Situ Denitrification in Both the Native Groundwater and a Tracer Test in the ...
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research and Development (DWPR)
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation
- • Middle Entiat Habitat Restoration Area C and F
- • Enhanced Acoustic Tagging, Analysis, and Real-time Monitoring of Wild and Hatchery Salmoni...
- • Decontamination Units to Prevent Further Dreissenid Mussels Introduction and Spread in Cal...
- • Delta Education and Outreach Projects
- • WaterSMART Cooperative Watershed Management Program Phase I Grants