Developing and Sustaining Laboratory Infrastructure in Haiti Under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Developing and Sustaining Laboratory Infrastructure in Haiti Under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Developing and Sustaining Laboratory Infrastructure in Haiti Under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The purpose of this program is to continue to develop the National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) in Haiti and to establish its lead role in the Haitian healthcare system for diagnostic, referral, and training services.
|Federal Grant Title:||Developing and Sustaining Laboratory Infrastructure in Haiti Under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS10-1012|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 01, 2010 Give|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 01, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Dec 28, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jan 26, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Mar 31, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$22,275,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$4,445,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The NPHL, as a component of the MSPP, is the government agency responsible for safeguarding public health in the country. As such, it is involved in laboratory strategic planning for the health sector, policy development, norm formulation, and regulations. The NPHL is the only laboratory organization having a presence in the 10 geographic departments of the country. The NPHL has the statutory authority to develop, implement, and oversee regulations related to laboratory accreditation, testing, and quality assurance/quality control in the country. It has supported the development and implementation of a Laboratory Information System throughout the country. The NPHL manages a network of regional reference laboratories as well as the national reference laboratory. These labs function as centers of excellence for training of personnel and referrals of diagnostic specimens from peripheral sites also operated by networks of providers supported by PEPFAR.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- PGO TIMS grants Phone 770-488-2700
GENERAL E-MAIL [PGOTIM@CDC.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2