Development and/or Validation of Devices or Electronic Systems to Monitor or Enhance Mind and Body Interventions (R41/R42 Clinical Trial Optional)
The summary for the Development and/or Validation of Devices or Electronic Systems to Monitor or Enhance Mind and Body Interventions (R41/R42 Clinical Trial Optional) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Development and/or Validation of Devices or Electronic Systems to Monitor or Enhance Mind and Body Interventions (R41/R42 Clinical Trial Optional): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) supports Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grant applications from small business concerns (SBCs) that will develop and/or validate devices or electronic systems that can: 1) monitor biologically- or behaviorally-based processes applicable to mind and body interventions or 2) be used to assist in optimizing the practice or increasing the efficacy of mind and body interventions. The applications should: 1) lead to the development of new technologies, 2) adapt existing innovative technologies, devices and/or electronic systems, 3) repurpose existing devices and electronic systems, or 4) conduct testing of single or combined components of an integrated, long term, automated, wearable monitoring, stimulation device or electronic system in order to monitor or enhance the mechanistic processes or functional outcomes of mind and body interventions. For the purposes of this FOA, mind and body interventions are defined as non-pharmacological approaches that include mind/brain focused interventions (e.g., meditation, hypnosis), body-based approaches (e.g., acupuncture, massage, spinal manipulation/mobilization), or combined mind and body meditative movement approaches (e.g., yoga, tai-chi, qigong).
|Federal Grant Title:||Development and/or Validation of Devices or Electronic Systems to Monitor or Enhance Mind and Body Interventions (R41/R42 Clinical Trial Optional)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAS-18-121|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 5th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 5th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||November 28th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||November 28th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||February 10th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 28th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, may be allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Mentored Career Development Program (K01) for Early Stage Investigators Using Nonhuman Pri...
- • Emergency Awards: Automatic Detection and Tracing of SARS-CoV-2 (U01 Clinical Trial Not Al...
- • Promoting Research on Music and Health: Phased Innovation Award for Music Interventions (R...
- • Pilot Projects Increasing the Impact of the NIH Centers for Advancing Research on Botanica...
- • Natural Product Multi-Site Clinical Trial Data Coordinating Center (Collaborative U24 Clin...
- • Probiotics for Pediatric Illnesses
- • Cam Practitioner Research Education Project Grant Partnership
- • Complementary and Alternative Medicine Career Transition Award (K22)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...