Development of Disease Biomarkers (R21)
The summary for the Development of Disease Biomarkers (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Development of Disease Biomarkers (R21): This funding opportunity will provide resources to validate candidate biomarkers for well-defined human diseases of liver, kidney, urological tract, digestive and hematologic systems, and endocrine and metabolic disorders, diabetes and its complications, and obesity, for which there are no or very few biomarkers, or for which standard biomarkers are currently prohibitively invasive or expensive. A biomarker is an indicator of a disease process, and could replace hard clinical end points as a measure of the effect of new therapies. Responsive studies will validate candidate biomarkers in well-defined patient populations, provide new technologies to monitor biomarkers or establish reliable assays for validated markers.
|Federal Grant Title:||Development of Disease Biomarkers (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Food and Nutrition Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-146|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Alcohol Research Career Development Awards for Scientists and Clinicians 93.272 Alcohol National Research Service Awards for Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Mar 02, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Nov 09, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Dec 15, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.273 -- Alcohol Research Programs|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) For profit organizations other than small businesses Special district governments State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Independent school districts City or township governments Private institutions of higher education County governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...