Development of Novel Drug and Gene Delivery Systems and Devices
The summary for the Development of Novel Drug and Gene Delivery Systems and Devices grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Development of Novel Drug and Gene Delivery Systems and Devices: Although modern biotechnology has produced extremely sophisticated and potent therapeutic drugs and genes, many of these compounds cannot be effectively delivered using current drug and gene delivery techniques (e.g., pills, injections, and viruses). The intent of this Request for Applications (RFA) is to address the drug and gene delivery problem by encouraging the submission of innovative research proposals, using engineering principles and practice, to design, develop, and introduce novel approaches, technologies, tools, and methods that will result in new drug and gene delivery systems and devices. It is anticipated that solving problems of drug and gene delivery will involve many scientific fields, including pharmacology, biology, materials science, and electrical, chemical, mechanical, and biomedical engineering and thus teams of scientists and engineers are especially encouraged to apply.
|Federal Grant Title:||Development of Novel Drug and Gene Delivery Systems and Devices|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-EB-03-011|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Discovery and Applied Research 93.287 Bioengineering Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 25, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Jan 08, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Apr 24, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Apr 24, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.849 -- Kidney Diseases, Urology and Hematology Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...