Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Accessible Transportation
The summary for the Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Accessible Transportation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Accessible Transportation: The purpose of this funding is (a) to advance the application of automation and robotics to enhance accessible transportation for travelers with disabilities and (b) to improve opportunities for a seamless travel chain that meets the diverse needs of travelers with mobility, vision, hearing and cognitive disabilities and provides them the ability to plan and execute an on-demand trip anytime of the day and from any location. To do this, the grantee will engage in development of operations procedures, system requirements, and prototypes and will conduct demonstrations for target groups and stakeholders. One of the outcomes of this work will be the identification of assistive technology solutions in automation and robotics that enhance and improve transportation alternatives for people with disabilities, veterans with disabilities, and older adults. Products should emphasize principles of universal design and inclusive information and communication technology (ICT).
|Federal Grant Title:||Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Accessible Transportation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2016-ACL-NIDILRR-DPGE-0159|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||ACL National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 1, 2016 Electronically submitted applications|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 1, 2016 Electronically submitted applications|
|Posted Date:||Jun 2, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jun 2, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 31, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
Private institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Special district governments
City or township governments
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Independent school districts
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- States; public or private agencies, including for-profit agencies; public or private organizations, including for-profit organizations, IHEs; and Indian tribes and tribal organizations. Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Marlene Spencer
Administration for Community Living 202-795-7360
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program