Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disasters Declared by the President
The summary for the Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disasters Declared by the President grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disasters Declared by the President: Grants awarded under this announcement are to provide disaster reimbursement and assistance funds to those State Units on Aging (SUAs), and federally recognized Tribal Organizations who are currently receiving a grant under Title VI of the Older Americans Act (OAA), as amended. These funds only become available when the President of the United States declares a Major Disaster and may only be used in those areas designated in the Major Disaster Declaration issued by the President of the United States under the Robert T. Stafford Relief and Emergency Assistance Act. Eligible SUAs and Title VI Tribal grantees should discuss all disaster applications with ACL Regional staff before submitting a formal application. The amount of funds requested should be discussed with Regional staff before the application is completed. Providing a draft of the narrative justification for the application to the Regional Office will help expedite the processing of an award. Applicants should talk with the State and local Emergency Managers to determine what funds may be available through other resources before applying for OAA funding. SUAs, and federally recognized Tribal Organizations currently receiving a grant under Title VI of the OAA must submit proposals electronically via http://www.grants.gov. At http//www.grants.gov, you will be able to download a copy of the application packet, complete it off-line, and then upload and submit the application via the Grants.gov website. Statutory Authority Title III of the Older Americans Act (OAA) (42 U.S.C. 3030), as amended by the Older American Act Amendments of 2016, P.L. 114-144. (Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance: 93.048)
|Federal Grant Title:||Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disasters Declared by the President|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2019-ACL-AOA-DASG-0313|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 9th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 9th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||November 1st, 2018|
|Creation Date:||November 1st, 2018|
|Archive Date:||October 9th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$450,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$450,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||7|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 1st, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Designated State Units on Aging in states for which some or all of the state has been declared a federal major disaster area by the President of the United States. Federally recognized tribal organizations who are receiving a grant under Title VI of the Older Americans Act (as amended) within the areas declared a federal major disaster area by the President of the United States Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Kathleen Votava
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Eldercare Locator
- • Pension Counseling & Information Projects
- • National Pension Technical Assistance Resource Center
- • COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccine Uptake Initiative for Older Adults and People with Disabili...
- • 2023 Innovations in Nutrition Programs and Services -Research
- • Aging In Place Initiative, Denver, Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado
- • Jewish Family and Children's Service - Sarasota,FL
- • Jewish Family and Children's Service of Southern Arizona, Inc. - Tucson,AZ
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Traumatic Brain Injury State Partnership Program
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - American Samoa
- • Rehabilitation Engineering Research Centers (RERC) Program: RERC on Universal Access to In...
- • Rehabilitation Research and Training Center (RRTC) on Disability Statistics and Demographi...
- • Disaster Assistance for University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Ed...