Diversity Community of Practice
The summary for the Diversity Community of Practice grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Diversity Community of Practice: The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement is to fund one entity to develop a Community of Practice (CoP), designed to build capacity across and within States through State consortia, to create and share policies, practices, and systems that support the critical need in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities for leaders from culturally and linguistically backgrounds. The CoP will assist states in identifying gaps, preparing a plan on how to address needs, and implementing this plan based on the technical assistance provided by the technical assistance provider.
|Federal Grant Title:||Diversity Community of Practice|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2016-ACL-AOD-DNDC-0180|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Developmental Disabilities Projects of National Significance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 26, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 26, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||May 27, 2016|
|Creation Date:||May 27, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 25, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$350,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Special district governments
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Private institutions of higher education
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
City or township governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- 42 U.S.C. 15082 (DD Act Section 162) authorizes grants only to "public or private non-profit entities." These include also include the following:
Regional Organizations, U.S. Territory or Possession, Hispanic-Serving Institutions, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions. Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Larissa Crossen
Administration for Community Living 202-795-7360
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program