DoD Multiple Sclerosis Research Program
The summary for the DoD Multiple Sclerosis Research Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army USAMRAA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DoD Multiple Sclerosis Research Program: The MSRP Idea Award promotes new ideas that are in the early stages of development and have the potential to yield high-impact findings and new avenues of investigation. This award mechanism supports conceptually innovative, high-risk/potentially high-reward research that could ultimately lead to critical discoveries in understanding the causes and progression of MS and/or improvements in patient care and/or quality of life. Research projects should include a well-formulated, testable hypothesis based on strong scientific rationale. The following are significant features of this award mechanism: 1. Innovation: Innovative research may introduce a new paradigm, challenge existing paradigms, look at existing problems from new perspectives, or exhibit other uniquely creative qualities. This may include high-risk/potentially high-gain approaches to MS research, provided that there is the potential for significant impact on understanding the causes and progression of MS and/or improvements in patient care and/or quality of life. Research that is merely an incremental advance (the next logical step) is not considered innovative and will not be considered for funding under this award mechanism. 2. Impact: Proposed research projects should address a central critical issue or question in MS research. High-impact research will, if successful, significantly advance current methods and concepts toward the MSRP vision. 3. Preliminary Data: Preliminary data, unpublished results from the laboratory of the Principal Investigator (PI) or collaborators named on this application, and/or data from the published literature that are relevant to MS and the proposed research project should be included. Although groundbreaking research often involves a degree of risk due to unforeseen difficulties or results, applications should be based on a sound scientific rationale that is established through logical reasoning or a critical review and analysis of the literature.
|Federal Grant Title:||DoD Multiple Sclerosis Research Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army USAMRAA|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W81XWH-12-MSRP-IA|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Military Medical Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 17, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 17, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Mar 15, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Mar 15, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Aug 16, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDMRP Help Desk: 301-682-5507
CDMRP Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant, Clinical Network Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Resource and Community Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Idea Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Concept Award
- • DoD Kidney Cancer, Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army USAMRAA
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award