DoD Spinal Cord Injury Translational Research Award
The summary for the DoD Spinal Cord Injury Translational Research Award grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army USAMRAA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DoD Spinal Cord Injury Translational Research Award: The Translational Research Award (TRA) mechanism was first offered as the Translational Research Partnership Award (TRPA) in FY09. Thirty-one TRPA applications were received, and 9 were recommended for funding. NEW for FY12: The award mechanism has been modified to support individual investigators, and is no longer limited to multi-institutional, multidisciplinary partnerships among clinicians and basic scientists. This award supports translational research that will accelerate the movement of promising ideas in spinal cord injury research into clinical applications. Observations that drive a research idea may be derived from a laboratory discovery, population-based studies, or a clinician's first-hand knowledge of patients and anecdotal data. While the ultimate goal of translational research is to move an observation forward into clinical application, PIs should not view translational research as a one-way continuum from bench to bedside. The research plan must involve a reciprocal flow of ideas and information between basic and clinical science. Developmental pathways for translational research that may be useful for designing translational research studies for support under this mechanism may be found at (http://www.cancer.gov/aboutnci/trwg/Pathways-to-Clinical-Goals). Applications must include preliminary data relevant to SCI and the proposed project. Research involving human subjects and human anatomical substances is permitted; however, clinical trials are not allowed under this funding opportunity. A clinical trial is defined as a prospective accrual of human subjects where an intervention (e.g., device, drug, biologic, surgical procedure, rehabilitative modality, behavioral intervention, or other) is tested with a human subject for a measurable outcome with respect to exploratory information, safety, effectiveness, and/or efficacy. This outcome represents a direct effect on the human subject of that intervention or interaction. For more information on clinical trials and clinical research, a Human Subject Resource Document is provided on the CDMRP eReceipt System at https://cdmrp.org/Program_Announcements_and_Forms/. Principal Investigators (PIs) wishing to apply for funding for a clinical trial should utilize the FY12 SCIRP Clinical Trial Award mechanism (Funding Opportunity Number: W81XWH-12-SCIRP-CTA).
|Federal Grant Title:||DoD Spinal Cord Injury Translational Research Award|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army USAMRAA|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W81XWH-12-SCIRP-TRA|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Military Medical Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 01, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 01, 2012|
|Posted Date:||May 31, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jul 03, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Oct 31, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDMRP Help Desk: 301-682-5507
CDMRP Help Desk [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant, Clinical Network Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Resource and Community Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Idea Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Concept Award
- • DoD Kidney Cancer, Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army USAMRAA
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award