DoD USAMRMC FY16 Broad Agency Announcement for Extramural Medical Research
The summary for the DoD USAMRMC FY16 Broad Agency Announcement for Extramural Medical Research grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army USAMRAA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DoD USAMRMC FY16 Broad Agency Announcement for Extramural Medical Research: The U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Commands (USAMRMC) mission is to provide solutions to medical problems of importance to the American Service member at home and abroad, as well as to the general public at large. The scope of this effort and the priorities attached to specific projects are influenced by changes in military and civilian medical science and technology, operational requirements, military threat assessments, and national defense strategies. The extramural research and development programs play a vital role in the fulfillment of the objectives established by the USAMRMC. General information on USAMRMC can be obtained at https://mrmc.detrick.army.mil/. This Fiscal Year 2016 (FY16) Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) is intended to solicit extramural research and development ideas and is issued under the provisions of the Competition in Contracting Act of 1984 (Public Law 98-369), as implemented in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 6.102(d)(2) and 35.016. In accordance with FAR 35.016, projects funded under this BAA must be for basic and applied research and that part of development not related to the development of a specific system or hardware procurement. Projects must be for scientific study and experimentation directed toward advancing the state-of-the-art or increasing knowledge or understanding rather than focusing on a specific system or hardware solution. Research and development funded through this BAA is intended and expected to benefit and inform both military and civilian medical practice and knowledge. This BAA provides a general description of USAMRMC’s research and development programs, including research areas of interest, evaluation and selection criteria, pre-proposal/pre-application and full proposal/application preparation instructions, and general administrative information. Specific submission information and additional administrative requirements can be found in the document titled “General Submission Instructions” available in Grants.gov along with this BAA. This FY16 BAA is continuously open for a 12-month period, from October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Submission of a pre-proposal/pre-application is required and must be submitted through the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) (https://eBRAP.org/). Pre-proposals/pre-applications may be submitted at any time throughout the 12-month period. If the USAMRMC is interested in receiving a full proposal/application, the PI will be sent an invitation to submit via eBRAP. A full proposal/application must be submitted through Grants.gov (http://www.grants.gov/). Invited full proposals/applications can be submitted under the FY16 BAA through September 30, 2016.
|Federal Grant Title:||DoD USAMRMC FY16 Broad Agency Announcement for Extramural Medical Research|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army USAMRAA|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W81XWH-16-R-BAA1|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement, Grant, Procurement Contract|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Military Medical Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 30, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 30, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Oct 1, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Oct 1, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Oct 30, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDMRP Help Desk
CDMRP Help Desk
Dept. of the Army -- USAMRAA 301-619-7144
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant, Clinical Network Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Resource and Community Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Idea Development Award
- • DoD Rare Cancers, Concept Award
- • DoD Kidney Cancer, Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army USAMRAA
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award