Draft Only: Improving the Climate Resiliency of Kazakh Wheat and Central Asian Food
The summary for the Draft Only: Improving the Climate Resiliency of Kazakh Wheat and Central Asian Food grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Kazakhstan USAID Almaty, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Draft Only: Improving the Climate Resiliency of Kazakh Wheat and Central Asian Food: USAID/Central Asian Republic (CAR) announces its intention to invite comments and suggestions on a draft Program Description (PD) (attached) for the implementation of an assistance award as part of economic growth activities. The goal of this project is to facilitate processes within Kazakhstan and across Central Asia to improve the resiliency of food security efforts. The project will have two components: a) In Kazakhstan, it will facilitate a process to bring together stakeholders to develop a climate information action plan and a roadmap to climate resiliency, and b) At the regional level it will facilitate the development of a common vision of the linkages of food security and climate change. The period of performance is expected to be two (2) years. The final version of the Request for Applications (RFA) is planned for issue in mid May 2012. USAID/CAR invites comments and suggestion on the attached PD from firms, organizations and other interested parties. All organizations are strongly encouraged to review the document, provide comment, and consider submitting proposals in response to the resulting final RFA. The purpose of posting this draft PD is to enhance the quality of the RFA. Comments and suggestions received may be considered as the RFA is finalized. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS. We are soliciting comments and suggestions from interested parties, in order to further refine the draft PD until the specified closing date. Comments will be appreciated and considered as we finalize the RFA for the proposed assistance award; however comments may or may not be incorporated in the PD. No information on competition, instructions to offerors or evaluation criteria is available as this time. USAID/CAR will not be able to respond to questions or request for clarification resulting from this notice until the final RFA is issued. Issuance of the draft PD does not constitute an award commitment on the part of the Government nor does it commit the Government to pay for any cost incurred in the preparation or submission of comments/suggestions or a proposal. Further, the Government reserves the right to defer issuance of the RFA or not to issue an RFA if such action is considered to be in the best interest of the Government. Please submit your comments/suggestions electronically to Ms. Ashley King at firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Draft PD - KZ Wheat" identifier on the email subject line. Thank you for your interest in USAID/CAR programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Draft Only: Improving the Climate Resiliency of Kazakh Wheat and Central Asian Food|
|Federal Agency Name:||Kazakhstan USAID Almaty|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-176-12-000006|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 12, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 12, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 20, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Apr 20, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jun 11, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Food Security
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Albert Carrera Contracting Officer Phone +7 7272507612
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Kazakhstan USAID Almaty
- • USAID/Central Asia Regional Water and Environment Program
- • Nonpartisan Domestic Observation of the 2020 Parliamentary Elections in the Kyrgyz Republi...
- • Election Monitoring and Parliamentary Observation in the Kyrgyz Republic
- • Uzbekistan Education Reform
- • Regional Civil Society Program in Central Asia