Drug Discovery for Nervous System Disorders (R21)
The summary for the Drug Discovery for Nervous System Disorders (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Drug Discovery for Nervous System Disorders (R21): -Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) solicits Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant applications from applicant organizations directed toward the discovery, development, and preclinical testing of novel compounds for the prevention and treatment of nervous system disorders. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will use the NIH Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope, PAR-07-048, that solicits applications under the R01 mechanism and which will be issued at a later date. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. There is no set-aside funding for this FOA. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||Drug Discovery for Nervous System Disorders (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-07-049|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Mental Health Research Grants 93.273 Alcohol Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Nov 17, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Oct 05, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.279 -- Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) County governments Independent school districts Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Special district governments State governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) For profit organizations other than small businesses City or township governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...