Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants
The summary for the Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families OPRE, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants: This announcement is modified. Changes regarding the submission of proof of accreditation have been made to Sections III.1. Eligible Applicants, IV.2. Required Standard Forms, Assurances and Certifications, and Section VIII. Checklist. The Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE) of the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) plans to provide funds for Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants to support dissertation research by advanced graduate students who are working in partnership with Head Start programs and with faculty mentors. Competitive applicants will 1) demonstrate a collaborative partnership with their program partners, and 2) pursue research questions that directly inform local, State, or Federal policy relevant to multiple early care and education contexts. Applicants should consider pursuing data collection across contexts, including child care, pre-k, home-visiting programs, Head Starts, Early Head Starts, and/or others. Applicants are expected to demonstrate an established partnership with their early care and education program partners that should be apparent throughout the research plan, from development and refinement of the research questions through the proposed data collection, interpretation, and dissemination. For more information about OPRE, please go to http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/index.html. For further information about previous Head Start Graduate Student Research Grantees, please refer to http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/hs/grad_student/index.html. The *EXPIRED* Funding Opportunity Announcement for the prior Fiscal Year can be reviewed on the ACF Funding Opportunities web page through http://www.acf.hhs.gov/grants/open/foa/prior under the link to Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation (OPRE). Awards are dependent on the availability of funds and the best interest of the Federal government.
|Federal Grant Title:||Early Care and Education Research Scholars: Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families OPRE|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2013-ACF-OPRE-YR-0573|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Head Start|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 28, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 28, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Apr 29, 2013|
|Creation Date:||May 29, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jul 29, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Competition under this announcement is limited to accredited public, state-controlled, and private institutions of higher education acting on behalf of doctoral-level graduate students, including: (a) Tribally Controlled Land Grant Colleges and Universities, (b) Historically Black Colleges and Universities, (c) Hispanic Serving Institutions, and (d) faith-based institutions of higher education. The faculty mentor who will serve as principal investigator must have a Ph.D. or equivalent in the respective field and conduct research as a primary professional responsibility. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Deskapp_support@acf.hhs.gov
ACF Applications Help Desk [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • American Indian/Alaska Native Head Start Grantee -- Peach Springs, Arizona
- • American Indian/Alaska Native Head Start Grantee -- Polk County, Texas
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee -- Iredell County, North Carolina
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee -- Essex, Lancaster, Northumberland, Richmond a...
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee -- The City of Winchester, and Clarke and Frede...
- • Head Start University Partnership Research Grants: Strategies for Developing Teacher Effec...
- • Head Start Replacement Grantee(s): Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Greene, Jackson, Lee, Poi...
- • Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families OPRE
- • Family Self-Sufficiency and Stability Research Scholars Network
- • Secondary Analyses of Strengthening Families Datasets
- • Career Pathways Secondary Data Analysis Grants
- • Human Services Interoperability Innovations
- • Family Strengthening Scholars