Ecological Indicators for the Great Rivers of the Central Basin
The summary for the Ecological Indicators for the Great Rivers of the Central Basin grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Environmental Protection Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Ecological Indicators for the Great Rivers of the Central Basin: In this announcement the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Office of Research and Development (ORD), solicits grant applications to establish one Great Rivers Ecological Indicator Research Program. The goal of the program is to support research for the development of biological indicators to report on the status and trends of large river systems. The geographic focus of this solicitation is the Central Basin of the United States; the rivers of interest being the Mississippi, Missouri, and Ohio. The need is for biological indicators that capture the physical and ecological variability of the region. The environmental issues and impacts for the aquatic system not only cross many scales but also strongly interact across ecological, economic, and social realms. Thus, EPA is also interested in developing indicators which can capture and report on the interactions between the ecological health of the streams and their regional economies,such that we can measure progress towards ecological and economic sustainability.
|Federal Grant Title:||Ecological Indicators for the Great Rivers of the Central Basin|
|Federal Agency Name:||Environmental Protection Agency|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EPA-GRANTS-092402-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Protection_Consolidated Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 15, 2002|
|Posted Date:||Sep 24, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Dec 09, 2002|
|Archive Date:||Dec 09, 2002|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Johnson, Allen, Computer Specialist, Phone 202-564-0000, Email firstname.lastname@example.org DO NOT DISPLAY THIS DO NOT DISPLAY THIS
- Similar Government Grants
- • Treatment Technologies for Arsenic Removal for Small Drinking Water Systems FY 2004
- • National Pesticide Information Center & National Pesticide Medical Monitoring Program;...
- • Support the Tribal Pesticide Program Council (TPPC); Notice of Funds Availability
- • Aggregate Exposure Assessment: Longitudinal Surveys of Human Exposure-Related Behavior
- • Tribal Pesticide and Special Projects
- • DHS-EPA Cooperative Center of Excellence on the Methods and Science to Conduct Microbial R...
- More Grants from the Environmental Protection Agency
- • National Priorities: Evaluation of Pollutants in Biosolids
- • Early Career: Interventions and Communication Strategies to Reduce Health Risks of Wildlan...
- • Interventions and Communication Strategies to Reduce Health Risks of Wildland Fire Smoke E...
- • Puget Sound Action Agenda – Implementation Strategies and Actions for Vital Sign Rec...
- • Center for Early Lifestage Vulnerabilities to Environmental Stressors