Educating State-level Stakeholders on Strategies to Address Winnable Battles in Public Health
The summary for the Educating State-level Stakeholders on Strategies to Address Winnable Battles in Public Health grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Educating State-level Stakeholders on Strategies to Address Winnable Battles in Public Health: The purpose of this project is to reduce the burden of leading causes of death and disability by providing capacity building assistance to states to address priority health issues. Using CDC’s Winnable Battle Initiative as a framework, the project is intended to help increase the uptake of interventions known to successfully address high burden health issues by helping decision makers prioritize issues to address, and educating them on the interventions with the best evidence to support them. The activities to be implemented through this project will contribute to the ultimate reduction of health, financial and social costs of these health challenges across the nation.
|Federal Grant Title:||Educating State-level Stakeholders on Strategies to Address Winnable Battles in Public Health|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-SO15-1501|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Educating State-level Stakeholders on Strategies to Address Winnable Battles in Public Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 6, 2015 Electronically submitted applications|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 6, 2015 Electronically submitted applications|
|Posted Date:||Jun 5, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Jun 5, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Sep 2, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants should be sufficiently connected to state executive branch and/or legislative branch members across the United States in order to accomplish the goal of working with a geographically diverse set of states from all regions of the U.S. Further, the applicant must be well versed both in public health issues such as CDC Winnable Battles and in how states approach and implement policies and practices that impact public health.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julie Edelson
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2