Electric Transmission and Distribution
The summary for the Electric Transmission and Distribution grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Headquarters, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Electric Transmission and Distribution: The Department of Energy (DOE), Chicago Office, isseeking applications onbehalf of the DOE Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability(OEDER)to respond to the topic areas defined herein. The OEDER was newly named in2005 after the DOE Office of Energy Assurance merged with the DOE Office ofElectric Transmission and Distribution (OETD).The topic areas of this announcement address key technical challenges andhigh-priority activities identified in two Multi-Year Plans for three oftheoperating programs within the OEDER, namely, Electric DistributionTransformation (EDT) Program, GridWise Program, and GridWorks Program. TheEDTProgram and GridWise Program have jointly developed the ElectricDistributionMulti-Year Research, Development, Demonstration, and Deployment (RD3)Technology Roadmap Plan: 2005-2009 (December 2004);http://www.electricdistribution.ctc.com/pdfs/MYRD_ElecDist_11-3_rv9.pdfand the GridWorks Program has developed its GridWorks Multi-Year Plan,March2005. http://www.energetics.com/gridworks/events.htmlBoth the Electric Distribution Multi-Year Plan and the GridWorks Multi-YearPlan were developed with significant input and contributions from a broadstakeholder group, with representatives from utilities, load servingentities,technology providers, universities, national laboratories, and governmentagencies. The Plans further define specific activities with milestones toaddress several critical technology areas outlined in the National ElectricDelivery Technologies Roadmap (November 2003). The critical technologyareaaddressed by the Electric Distribution RD3 Plan is primarily on?DistributedSensors, Intelligence, Smart Controls, and Distributed Energy Resources?;andthe GridWorks Plan addresses key aspects of the critical technologies on?Advanced Conductors? and ?Power Electronics.?Thus this announcement seeks to support implementation of the Multi-YearPlans of the combined EDT/GridWise Programs (hereafter referred to aselectricdistribution R D) and the GridWorks Program by addressing identifiedtechnologygap areas in the respective Plans which are of the utmost technical andprogrammatic significance.
|Federal Grant Title:||Electric Transmission and Distribution|
|Federal Agency Name:||Headquarters|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DE-PS02-05CH11270|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability Research, Development and Analysis|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 08, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Jun 02, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Jun 02, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Oct 02, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Contact the DOE Contract Officer with questionsregarding the funding opportunity firstname.lastname@example.org Christopher Swierczek
- Similar Government Grants
- • Electric Grid of Things
- • Industry Partnerships for Cybersecurity of Energy Delivery Systems Research, Development, ...
- • Big Data Analysis of Synchrophasor Data
- • Next Generation Transformers - Flexible and Adaptable Designs
- • Industry Partnerships for Cybersecurity of Energy Delivery Systems (CEDS) Research, Develo...
- • Superconducting Power Equipment - Area of Interest1
- • Superconducting Power Equipment - Area of Interest2
- • Superconducting Power Equipment - Area of Interest3
- More Grants from the Headquarters
- • Small-Scale Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Systems and Hybrid Electrolyzer Technology Development
- • Notice of Intent to Issue: Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC), Electrolyzer and Hybrid Technolog...
- • Minority Education, Workforce, And Training Program
- • Promoting Domestic and International Consensus on Fossil Energy Technologies
- • test program title