Engaging State and Local Emergency Management Agencies to Improve States Ability to Prepare for and Respond to Bioterrorism
The summary for the Engaging State and Local Emergency Management Agencies to Improve States Ability to Prepare for and Respond to Bioterrorism grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Engaging State and Local Emergency Management Agencies to Improve States Ability to Prepare for and Respond to Bioterrorism: The purpose of the program is to prepare the Nations public health systems to minimize the consequences associated with natural or man-made disasters. This includes the intentional or unintentional release of a biological or chemical agent causing disease and injury in the nations population. The public health emergency response requires recognition of the unique yet interdependent, roles that local, state and federal agencies play to be effective. The development of public health within the existing infrastructure to support emergency response must be built collaboratively. This program addresses the "Healthy People 2010" focus area Immunization and Infectious Disease and Public Health Infrastructure.
|Federal Grant Title:||Engaging State and Local Emergency Management Agencies to Improve States Ability to Prepare for and Respond to Bioterrorism|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-TP06-601|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 12, 2006 Application Deadline: September 12,|
|Posted Date:||Aug 11, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Aug 11, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Oct 12, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$385,020|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants Assistance will be provided only to the National Emergency Management Association (NEMA). No other applicants are solicited. NEMA is uniquely qualified to be the recipient organization because: NEMA is the national professional association of state and insular state emergency management directors committed to providing national leadership and expertise in comprehensive emergency management; serving as a vital information and assistance resource for state and territorial directors and their governors; and forging strategic partnerships to advance continuous improvements in emergency management. NEMA represents the interests of state and local governments (as an affiliate of the Council of State Governments), emergency response agencies and their local constituents. NEMA is the only organization in the country actively bringing public health together with all of the various disciplines with roles and responsibilities in emergency, preparedness, response and recovery.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management
Phone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov PGOTIM@cdc.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2