Enhancing Communicable Disease Surveillance in the African Region
The summary for the Enhancing Communicable Disease Surveillance in the African Region grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Enhancing Communicable Disease Surveillance in the African Region: The purpose of this program is to strengthen the ability of the African Regional Office of the World Health Organization (WHO/AFRO) to implement, monitor, and evaluate the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) Strategy in countries in the African region with the potential to help the IDSR collaboration describe model approaches for the integration of surveillance and response systems that could be applied throughout the African region. Such countries include Mali, Kenya, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Zambia, Malawi, Lesotho, and Zimbabwe.
|Federal Grant Title:||Enhancing Communicable Disease Surveillance in the African Region|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-CI06-609|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 10, 2006 Applications are due July 10, 2006 o|
|Posted Date:||Jun 08, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jun 08, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Aug 09, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$125,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$125,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The only eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity appear below: . The Division of Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response of the African Regional Office of the World Health Organization (CSR, WHO-AFRO). No other applications are solicited. . WHO-AFRO/CSR is uniquely qualified, since it is the sole organization with legal authority to provide guidance, monitoring and evaluation on IDSR to the forty-six Member States in the WHO African region. It is also the sole organization with the internal administrative capacity to provide funds to the WHO Country Offices and Ministries of Health in selected countries for local activities.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
Phone 770-488-2700 email@example.com Procurement and Grants Office, Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2