Environmental Research Apprenticeship Program for Pre-Baccalaureate College Students
The summary for the Environmental Research Apprenticeship Program for Pre-Baccalaureate College Students grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Environmental Protection Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Environmental Research Apprenticeship Program for Pre-Baccalaureate College Students: The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Ground Water and Ecosystem Restoration Division (GWERD) is located in Ada, OK and is the site of the Environmental Research Apprenticeship Program for Pre-Baccalaureate College Students (ERAP). This Request for Applications (RFA) seeks institutions of higher education and other non-profit organizations to implement an apprenticeship program for up to 15 pre-baccalaureate college students. This program provides undergraduate students with year-round research opportunities that allow students to relate hands-on research experience with formal academic studies. It also provides invaluable experience regarding the relevance of academic training to the conduct of research. It is intended that the research experience be gained through a mentoring relationship with a Senior Ground Water and Ecosystem Restoration Division (GWERD) scientist working in a fully operational federal research laboratory. This program provides direct benefit to the academic community and the general public by increasing both the effectiveness and pool of available environmental scientists for the future.
|Federal Grant Title:||Environmental Research Apprenticeship Program for Pre-Baccalaureate College Students|
|Federal Agency Name:||Environmental Protection Agency|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EPA-ORD-NRMRL-ADA-2010-01|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Office of Research and Development Consolidated Research/Training/Fellowships|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2010 Pleas|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2010 Pleas|
|Posted Date:||Jul 28, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 28, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Oct 15, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - City or township governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- See Section III of the announcement for additional eligibility information.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Stephen Kovash, 580-436-8708.
Stephen Kovash [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Addressing Environmental Concerns in Vieques, Puerto Rico Through Community Participatory ...
- • National Priorities: PER- AND POLYFLUOROALKYL SUBSTANCES
- • National Priorities:Transdisciplinary Research into Detecting and Controlling Lead in Drin...
- • Cooperative Training Partnership in Aquatic Toxicology and Ecosystem Research
- • Environmental Research Apprenticeship Program for College and University Students
- • Cooperative Training in Environmental Sciences Research
- • Develop Risk Assessment and Data Evaluation Methodologies for the Potential Ecological Imp...
- • Sources Sought: Research in Trace Gas Species
- More Grants from the Environmental Protection Agency
- • Environmental Education Local Grants Program for Region 3-- Solicitation Notice for 2020
- • Environmental Education Local Grants Program for Region 7 -- Solicitation Notice for 2020
- • Environmental Education Local Grants Program for Region 6-- Solicitation Notice for 2020
- • Environmental Education Local Grants Program for Region 5-- Solicitation Notice for 2020
- • Environmental Education Local Grants Program for Region 10 -- Solicitation Notice for 2020